Meet our Providers
Our mission at Clear Lake Dermatology is to be a comprehensive dermatological center, offering a wide variety of services to help keep, protect, and return your skin to healthy, beautiful skin. We offer services in general dermatology, and skin cancer treatments.
What is dermatology?
Dermatology is the diagnosis and treatment of conditions relating to the skin, hair, and nails. Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Our Webster dermatologist is a member of The American Academy of Dermatology, and recommends that you have a skin exam once per year. Routine exams can detect potentially life threatening and disfiguring skin cancers and other conditions.
- Eczema and Rosacea
- Melanoma, Basel Cell Cancer, Squamous Cell Cancer, and all other types of skin cancer
- Precancerous Lesions
Skin Cancer 411
The American Cancer Society reports that skin cancer is the most common type of all cancers. To avoid developing a skin cancer there are some simple everyday precautions you can take. Avoid using tanning beds or sun lamps, wear protective clothing, and use sunscreen, sunglasses, and lip balm everyday.
Skin Cancer Risk Factors:
- Too much exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation or history of sunburns
- Pale skin (easily sunburned)
- Multiple or unusual moles
- Family history or skin cancer
- Weakened immune system or older age
Skin Cancer Warning Signs:
- Changes in mole shape or pigmentation
- Bleeding or oozing from a bump
- A new growth or an older growth which changes in size or shape