Meet Our Specialists
Our neurologists at Clear Lake Specialties are devoted to treating their patients with the highest level of care possible. Dr. Khalil and Dr. Rashid take a personal approach to their medical care, understanding each patient’s individual needs. Our neurologists combine compassion and empathy with advanced medical knowledge to treat their patients and help them achieve optimal health.
Neurology is the branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders of the nervous system. The nervous system is a complex, sophisticated system that regulates and coordinates body activities. It has two major divisions:
- Central Nervous System (CNS): the brain and spinal cord
- Peripheral Nervous System (PNS): all other neural elements, such as eyes, ears, skin, and other “sensory receptors”
Specializes in the treatment of:
- Peripheral Neuropathy, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Headaches and Migraines
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spine Disorders, including Herniated Discs
- Pain Management
Diagnostic Testing and Procedures Performed:
- Botox injections for Migraines
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Occipital Nerve Block for Headaches
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injections
- Epidermal Nerve Fiber Density (ENFD) on punch skin biopsy
- Electromyography and Nerve Conduction Study (EMG)
- Somatosensory Evoked Response (SSER) Test
- Visual Evoked Response (VER) Test
- Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response (BAER) Test
10 Early Signs of Parkinson’s Disease
Clear Lake Neurology is a part of CLS Health. CLS Health is a multi-specialty medical group with over ninety providers providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care in Baytown, Friendswood, Webster, Pasadena, League City, and surrounding areas.
Migraines are often a disabling headache that frequently occur on one side of the head. Pulsing and throbbing sensations are commonly experienced along with nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. A tension headache is a mild, dull pressure that is not accompanied by other symptoms. A cluster headache is often a severe “stabbing” pain behind the eyes and congestion in your sinuses.
“Dementia” is not a disease, but rather a set of symptoms. Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior; it is the most common form of dementia.
The best way to determine if you or someone else is having a stroke is to think FAST.
- Face: Does the face look uneven?
- Arms: Does one arm drift down?
- Speech: Does their speech sound strange?
- Time: If you observe any of these signs, call 911.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Brain tumors
- Cerebrovascular Diseases
- Headaches and migraines
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Peripheral Nerve Disorder
- Persistent or sudden onset headaches
- Loss of feeling or tingling
- Loss of muscle strength
- Sudden loss of sight
- Trouble remembering
- Lack of coordination