Meet Our Providers
Finding a primary care provider is one of the most significant decisions a person can make. It is essential for patients to have a trusted provider they can turn to. At Clear Lake Primary Care, we are proud to be that provider. When patients have a general medical concern, such as a sore throat or an upper respiratory infection that won’t go away, our primary care physicians are here to provide prompt and compassionate medical attention.
What is a Primary Care Provider?
A Primary Care Provider, or PCP, is typically a family medicine or internal medicine physician. Internal medicine physicians see patients 16 years or older, while family medicine physicians see patients starting from 2 months old. A PCP can also be a nurse practitioner (NP) or physician assistant (PA). These physicians diagnose and treat illnesses as well as provide preventive medical care. A primary care doctor is your main point of contact for healthcare in non-emergency situations.
Our practice services include:
- Annual physicals and well-patient visits
- Flu shots and other immunizations
- Chronic disease management
- Urgent care appointments for acute, non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses
- Preventative care counseling
- Referring patients to a medical specialist when a condition requires more targeted treatment