My ongoing education on wound care research and evidence based practice feeds my focus of patient-centered care, and navigates me in treating difficult wounds. I individualize my care, take note of possible barriers and fully educate in an effort to optimize healing.
I won’t just treat the hole in our patients, I treat the patient as a whole. My patients are my family, and I embrace every personal encounter with care and intention. I enjoy it with every ounce of my being, and I’m blessed and honored to be a part of our patients journey.
- Family Nurse Practitioner-Certified (AANP)
- Wound Care Certified
- Ostomy Management Specialist (February)
- Texas Board of Nursing (APRN)
- Basic Life Saving and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Amy graduated from TSTC in Sweetwater, TX in 2006 and moved back to the Houston area to start her nursing career as a Licensed Vocational Nurse at a local hospital in Webster. It was there she was introduced to her love of wound care. She continued to work bedside at UTMB with the internal float pool, took on a Manager role at LBJ Hospital and served as a Director at a local Skilled Nursing facility in the area. She wanted to be back into her comfort zone with wound care. She worked at HCA Clear Lake as their lead inpatient Wound care nurse before starting with Dr Moosa in June of 2019.
- HCA Clear Lake
- Houston Methodist Clear Lake
- Masters of Science in Nursing, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, 2012
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing, Excelsior College, Albany, NY, 2010
- Licensed Vocational Nurse, Texas State Technical College, Sweetwater, TX, 2006